When you want to activate MS Outlook 2016 for Mac, you would receive error messages. You may receive the errors like Clock error: The system clock is inaccurate, please set it to current local time, An unknown error has occurred, the error code is:- 0, An unknown error has occurred, the error code is: -805240834. The question that arises is that how can these errors be fixed. You can fix these errors by performing few manual steps which is mentioned below:
Manual methods to fix Clock error or Unknown error:
In order to fix these problems you have to the steps mentioned below:
- First of all close all the Microsoft Office applications that are open including Microsoft OneNote as well as Outlook.
- Click on Go from the menu bar, after that select Utilities, and then on the Terminal option double-click it.
- In the Terminal Window you have to type killall “Office365ServiceV2” and then press Enter. (Note:- After pressing enter If you get the message stating that No matching processes belonging to you were found, then in that case your Office365ServiceV2 service is not working. In that case follow the next step.)
- In Terminal, you have to type cd ~/Library/Group\ Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office and then hit Enter.
- Then again In Terminal you should type the following ls -a | perl -n -e ‘print if m/^[e|c]\w/’ | xargs rm, and then hit Enter.
Now you can open your OneNote or Outlook, and make sure that you are able to log in and activate it successfully. If the error still exists then in that case it can be fixed by using OLM File Repair Tool. This is professional software as it is capable to fixing errors related to Outlook. It can also repair the corrupt Mac Outlook database. With the help of this software you can also recover the OLM file, convert OLM emails to Outlook PST files, you can preview the recoverable outlook objects, capable of recovering the damaged or corrupted OLM accurately and many more. The most important thing is that this tool is very user friendly.
Steps to fix Clock error or Unknown error:
Step 1: Click on ‘Browse’ to select the corrupted or damaged OLM file and then start the repair process by clicking the ‘Start’ button.
Step 2: The scan process starts, which is indicated by the ‘Scanning OLM File’ status bar. In order to discontinue the process in the middle you can click the ‘Stop’ button.
Step 3: After the OLM repair process is complete, the software would provide the detailed summary of the entire process which shows the number of recoverable mail objects.
Step 4: : Click on the “mail” icon to preview your recoverable mail in which middle pane shows the mail in the selected mail folder from the left and right pane shows the content from middle pane.
Step 5: Click the ‘Address Book’ icon to preview your recoverable contacts in which middle pane shows all the contacts in the address book and right pane shows the details of the selected contact.
Step 6: Click the ‘Calendar’ icon to preview your recoverable Calendar notes in which middle pane shows all the calendar entries and the right pane shows the details of the selected entry.
Step 7: By hitting the ‘Notes’ icon, you can preview your recoverable notes. The middle pane will show all the notes which is available in your mailbox and right pane shows contents of the selected note.
Step 8: Hit the ‘Task’ icon to preview your recoverable tasks in which middle pane will show the entire task in the mailbox and right pane will show the content of the selected task.
Step 9: Click on the ‘Save Repaired File’ to save the recovered mail objects. Provide the destination name and the file will be saved by the name-Main identity.rge.