MS SQL error 15105 is a type of error that is faced by the user when they try to produce a database file backup to a network shared disk or while hosting database file on a network share that is not supported and as a result this start showing error message.
The displayed MS SQL Error 15105 is:
Operating system error 5: “5(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15105)”. (Microsoft.SQLServer.Semo)
Operating System Error 5 (Access Denied)”
Cannot open backup device \\xxxxxxxxx\xxx.bak. Operating system Error 5 (failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15105). (Microsoft.SQLServer.Smo)
YOU MAY ALSO READ:
- Resolve MS SQL Error 7015 Query
- How to Prevent and Fix MS SQL Injection Errors?
- How to Recover MSSQL from “Suspect Mode” / “Emergency Mode” / “Error 1813”
Causes Behind Getting MS SQL error 15105?
There are many unpleasant reasons that are responsible behind getting MS SQL error 15105. Some of them are as follow. Have a look:
- While trying to attach an .mdf file, which is not separated properly.
- Due to the insufficient free space on the destination where the user wants to keep database backup file.
- Not having the legal permission to access the location of the backup file which is allotted in the SQL Server service account.
- It might also happen that the location of the file/folder in the error message is not in the same case where user wants to re-establish the backup. And in this situation it is unlikely that the service has access to the folder.
- If in the case, user has copy of the backup file from another computer, then that of the destination computer
- Due to security reason the file was blocked.
- Due to Windows Operating System corruption.
- Viruses corruption
- Unfinished software installation
- Or else due to unnecessary start-up entries and registry errors.
Fix the MS SQL error 15105 manually?
Well, to fix the error manually, it is recommended to free the drive volume for the expansion of SQL backup files and perform de-fragmentation processes. Also ensure that the level of all volumes is more than 15%.
Follow the Process to Repair the MS SQL error 15105 Manually:
- First go to Network share location where the real folder is shared.
- Then right click on it and click on “Sharing and Security” option on the drop-down box.
- Now in the opened box move to “Sharing” tab and click on the Permissions settings.
- Next, set full access privilege to the account which is performing backup. If it is performing under SQL server service account context then give full privileges to the domain account.
- And, add essential accounts and privileges then click on Apply and OK.
- Go to “Security” tab, and add all accounts to which you have given access permissions in Step 4 and give them Full access or write privileges as considered necessary.
- After that click Apply and OK.
- And at last try to take backup for successful results.
Please Note: – Well, the above given manual processes to fix the error are quite difficult and time consuming. These can even damage your files, mainly if any inexperienced user commits any mistake while executing the processes. So, it is recommended to user to avoid further corruption you might make use of the automatic repair tool to repair MS SQL error 15105 without any hassle.
Automatic Solution to Fix MS SQL error 15105:
To restore MS SQL error 15105 automatically, make use of the professional recommended MS SQL Database Repair Tool. This is powerful tool that effectively scans the damaged database file and repairs it to recover inaccessible objects in MDF and NDF database files. This is designed with the advanced algorithm to repair and restores almost every items from the corrupt database including tables, keys, views, stored procedures, triggers, indexes, deleted records and so on. User can easily fix any type of errors in the SQL database. This is easy to use even a in new user can operate it without any technical support. It is tool is specially design to rectify and repair any corrupted MS SQL database automatically, only you need to download and install the tool.