Now days email has become the most important part of our life. It help you to send and receive messages via an electronic medium. A wide range of email programs are used for mailing. Microsoft is the well known brands that provide effective software programs. MS Outlook is a personal information manager which is popularly used to as an email application. It uses an outlook data file known as PST or Personal storage table that stores all email messages and other mailbox items. When the PST file crosses the size-limitation then it can lead to corruption.
Corruption in PST file cannot only be due to the oversize, but it can even be corrupted due to several other reasons. Some common reasons behind the corruption are virus attacks, hard drive failure or storage media malfunction, unexpected termination of MS Outlook, etc. These reasons make your PST file inaccessible.
MS Outlook offers a built-in repair function that helps you to repair the corrupt PST files. The in-built repair tool Inbox Repair tool known as SCANPST.EXE help the user to fix the issues that occur in your outlook. It is downloaded during MS Office or MS Outlook installation and you can find them in these locations according to your MS Outlook versions:
- In MS Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
- In MS Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- In MS Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
- In MS Outlook 2003: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>
- In MS Outlook 2002/XP: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\<locale ID>\scanpst.exe
- In MS Outlook 2000: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\<locale ID>\NT\scanpst.exe
- In MS Outlook 97/98: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Messaging\scanpst.exe
If you want to repair your corrupt PST file by the help of SCANPST.EXE, you need to go to the location according to your Outlook version as shown above. Ensure that your MS Outlook program is not running in your operating system. Once SCANPST.EXE file and follow the given steps:
1. Move to the location where SCANPST.EXE file is saved.
2. Double-click on SCANPST.EXE.
3. You will get a short window Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool will pop up.
4. Now hit on Browse to choose the corrupt PST file from system directory.
5. You will find a new window Select File To Scan will pop up. Choose the corrupt PST file.
6. Chosen PST file will be shown on edit box. Now hit on Start to start up the scanning process.
7. SCANPST.EXE will begin scanning the corrupt PST file.
8. In few seconds the file will be scanned. You will find all the errors and issues shown there, if found.
9. You will find the box “Make backup of scanned file before repairing” checked by default. You can uncheck it. Now hit on Repair button to repair the scanned PST file.
10. With a couple of minutes you will be able to repair the file. As soon as the file is repaired you will get a message.
Generally SCANPST.EXE successfully works with the corrupt PST files. But sometime it fails to resolve the issue if the file is severally corrupted. The in-built SCANPST.EXE is helpful in fixing minor issues from corrupt PST files. It has been noticed that this in-built repair tool doesn’t show corruption issue or errors but when user try to open their PST file they face issue while accessing it. It means that this repair tool fail to fix the corruption issue.
At such situation you can take the help of any third party repair tool. Outlook PST Repair Tool is the most efficient and affordable tool that is especially designed to resolve any sort of issue with your PST file. It can easily repair and restore all email messages, journals, notes, appointments, tasks, calendar items and other Outlook items. So download this amazing repair tool, and resolve any sort issue in your outlook program.
Steps for using outlook repair tool are shown below:
Step 1: You need to download, install and run outlook PST repair tool. Then click on ‘select outlook file’ to choose the PST file where you want to work or you may find the specific PST file also.
Step 2: Press “start” to begin scanning, once you have selected the PST file.
Step 3: After completion of scanning, all recovered mailbox folders and other data appear on the left side of the window. You can select the files of your choice from those.
Step 4: After selecting items of your choice you can press “save recovered file” to recover the files on your PC.
Step 5: When your files are saved, a dialogue box appears that confirms that files are saved and also shows the “recovered file size” and “destination path”.
By going through all the above procedures, you can fix your outlook out of memory error successfully.