Does Entourage cannot access your data? Looking for the solutions to get rid of Entourage Database Errors. This post will provide you with the solutions to fix corruption in entourage database.
MS Entourage is a mailing application that saves all the contents of mailbox using database file. Though it is versatile by nature, comes up with many errors that are a bit difficult to rebuild entourage database. But still, Mac users use Microsoft Entourage 2008.
As it is said, prevention is better than cure. Therefore, let’s see the reasons behind the Entourage database errors:
- The most common reason is exceeding the size limit of the database file.
- Virus attacks are also the reason for this so, download good anti-virus software in your system.
- Cold reboots also affect the database file, therefore; make sure to close all the applications before logging out from entourage.
Apart from Entourage database errors, there are many more errors arises because of corruption. They are:
This kind of errors messages are displayed in the systems.
Error message 1:
Entourage cannot read the data in this .rge file
Error message 2:
ERROR: Failed to open database [Head] ERROR: Corruption opening database [16003:””]
Error message 3:
The Office database is damaged.
Error message 4:
Entourage cannot connect to the exchange public folders server. Please verify that the public folder settings are correct.
Error message 5:
The action could not be completed. An unknown error (4362) occurred.
Error message 6:
Can’t send via entourage, action could not be completed. An unknown error occurred.
How to resolve corrupted Entourage database?
It is a very long and complicated process. Therefore, I’ll be explaining you this process in 5 parts so, that it will be easy for you to understand. Try each part sequencly and after every part check, the problem is being resolved or not. If not then, further move to next set of steps.
Part 1: find out the database file size
Steps to be followed:
- Firstly, exit all the applications running.
- Then, in Finder, click on Goà Home à Documents.
- Then, open Office 2011 Identities from Microsoft User Data
- After that in Identities folder, click on Fileà Get Info à Get Information
You will able to see the size of your database file.
Part 2: Keep all the back-up of the current database so, that can be used further
Steps to be followed:
- Firstly, in finder, click on Go àHome à Documents.
- After that from Microsoft User Data folder, open either Office 2008 Identities or Office 2004 Identities
- Select your identity file, then click right on it à select Duplicate.
The system will create the duplicate of that identity file.
- Then, exit all the applications.
- Then, start Entourage by holding the alt key and not releasing the key till the time it displays Database Utility
- Then, select your database file and click on Rebuild Database. Keep Continue clicking till the system displays the message:
“Your database was successfully rebuilt”
- Finally, click on done.
You may also read:
- How to Fix Hidden Entourage Database Corruption?
- Steps to Repair ‘Outlook can’t upgrade your database’ Errors when Running Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- How to fix “Entourage 2008 Database does not Work on Mac”?
Part 3: Creating a new identity
Steps to be followed:
- Firstly, exit all the running applications including Entourage.
- The, find your identity folder and copy it into an external hard disk or at your desktop.
- Then, launch Entourage, and click to New.
- Then, type a name for your identity file in Identity name
- After that exit from Entourage, find your new identity file, and rename it.
- Lastly, copy your database file from the old identity folder to the new identity folder. Which process I’ll be showing you in Part 4.
Part 4: Creating a new data folder to repair disk permissions
Steps to be followed:
- The first thing to do is exit all the applications including Entourage.
- Then, find your Microsoft Documents folder and copy it either in desktop or in an external hard disk.
- As you start Entourage in your system, a new data folder along with a new identity folder, with your username will be created automatically.
- So, exit Entourage, and search the new identity file and rename it.
- After that copy your database files from your old identity folder and paste it into the new identity folder that was created by the system.
- Then, in Finder, click on Go àHome.
- After that open the Applications àUtilities
- In this select the ID of your Mac machine.
- Lastly, click on First Aid –> Repair Disk Permissions.
After all, this process restart your Mac
Part 5: Creating a new account
Here, are the final steps to be followed:
- Firstly click on Apple icon on your Mac and select the system preferences.
- Then, click on Accounts.
- For, opening a new account on Accounts window, click on plus (+) sign.
- After that type the username and the password and then, click on OK.
- After that, if the system displays some checkbox, from there select:
“Allow User to administer this computer”
- Lastly, click on the Apple icon and take a log out of your existing account.
Next time Log in with your new account in the system.
In case upper steps doesn’t help you out use this software
By the end of this article, I hope your problem “Entourage Cannot Access Your Data” error has been resolved. Although, if you are still struggling with this situation simply switch to Tool Stellar Phoenix Entourage Repair software.
This is designed to repair all the corrupted mailbox items that include emails, attachment, notes, contacts, calendar, and tasks. Stellar Entourage repair secures and easily recovers the corrupted Entourage Database and also helps to fix the entourage errors.
STEPS TO RESTORE Corrupted ENTOURAGE Database
Step 1: Start the Entourage repair Tool software. After that ‘Select Entourage Database File’ dialog box that gets displayed first by default. Now in the text box you will find a default location of database file, is by default selected. Press on ‘Browse‘ option to select database file from any other location.
Step 2: After this the file will scan itself. After the completion of scanning process, a summary message box will get displayed. Hit on the ‘Close’ button to close this summary message box.
Step 3: After this have a preview of the repaired Entourage database file before saving, open it in Stellar Phoenix Entourage Repair. You will find the default repaired mail which is displayed on the preview window. To have a preview of any mail, hit on ‘Mail’ button of the Tool bar or go to ‘View’ menu and click Mail option. You can even select your desired Entourage mailbox folder to see its contents.
Step 4: Now to save the repaired entourage file at your desired location, click on the File option on the application’s menu bar. Then select the ‘Save Repaired File’ option and after this you will find the ‘Destination Folder’ dialog box. Select your desired destination for saving the repaired file.
Step 5: At last you will find a saving process dialog box. You can even click on ‘Stop’ button to stop the file saving process.