Well I know it’s very frustrating when you launch Entourage and encounter with error messages in spite of its good performance. So, here in this article, I have tried to resolve this issue. But before that let us have some brief knowledge about Entourage.
MS Entourage is an email application just like other such as Gmail or Outlook. It is different from other email application because it is developed with the version of Mac OS X. Entourage stores all the important data like contacts, attachment, messages, calendar, to do, and project data in a file known as Database. And along with this, it consists of the features like contacts, journals, notes, tasks, appointments etc.
However, despite so many amazing features because of some silly mistakes, it can put a user in a very difficult situation. This may also cause loss of data.
Now, let see the errors which users come across while working with Entourage……
Few common error messages often are seen while working with Entourage are:-
- “Entourage fails to launch”
- “An error occurred while rebuilding the database”
- “Framework error”
- “Damaged office database”
- “I/O error on rebuilding”.
- “Can’t send via entourage, action could not be completed”
- “Entourage database rebuild fails”
- “Mail couldn’t be accessed at this time”
In addition to above-mentioned errors, you may also see some extra error messages while working on MS Entourage 2008 for Mac they are:-
- “5.5.2 Syntax error”
- “Transaction failed: Rejected by content filter”
- “Could not relay the message”
- “4.3.0 Mail server temporarily rejected message”
- “Invalid sender address”
- “The Office database is damaged”
I can understand how frustrating is this. So, to rebuild your MS Entourage database. look at How to Rebuild Microsoft Entourage Database?
After rebuilding your MS Entourage database sometime, you may see the message REBUILDING FAILS on your screen. I know it’s disheartening but in this situation, you are left with only one option that is “to create new Identity”
How to create a new Identity?
- Go to Entourage menu, click on Switch Identity.
- A confirmation message will appear to click on Switch button.
- Then click on New
- An Identity name box will appear, over there type a name for the new identity.
An identity is being created.
After that the Entourage Setup Assistant will be seen on screen, there set up your account as per your convenience.
Note: It is advised before transferring your database to your new identity keep the backup of your database.
If you were using the old version and want to shift to new version make sure you did not delete your old version before transferring your data into the new version. And you are highly satisfied with it.
Now, you can transfer your data in new Identity by two methods:
- By Force an Update method or,
- By Manually you have to move your data
1. By Force an Update method (transferring data from X, 2004 to 2008 version)
- At the Setup Assistant, run Setup Wizard or File à
- It will show “Fails, you can try to force an update.”
- So, at that time move your Identity folder from your current version to the 2008 version.
- The data will be overwritten on the new version.
- After that open the Entourage and it will start a lengthy updating process.
After this process, the data will transfer to the new identity. But In case, if this fails then you have to go for the manual method of transferring data.
2. By manually you have to move your data
In this option, you will be going to bring all your data without passing through the process of update. The data will be collected from the folders in “MY COMPUTER”, tasks, contacts, calendar events, notes. Here, only Exchange and IMAP users need to create their new identity and have to enter their account info for getting their emails.
In case, if the above-mentioned process fails. You are advised to make use of Entourage Database Recovery Software.
Then, you might be thinking which software to be used so; I will highly recommend you to use Tool Stellar Phoenix Entourage Repair software. It fixes all the issues related to entourage which covers emails, attachment, notes, contacts, calendar, and tasks. It not only repairs the issues but also secures the database.
How to use Tool Stellar Phoenix Entourage Repair software?
You just have to follow few steps mentioned below:-
Step 1: Start the Entourage repair Tool software. After that ‘Select Entourage Database File’ dialog box that gets displayed first by default. Now in the text box, you will find a default location of the database file, is by default selected. Press on ‘Browse‘ option to select database file from any other location.
Step 2: After this, the file will scan itself. After the completion of scanning process, a summary message box will get displayed. Hit on the ‘Close’ button to close this summary message box.
Step 3: After this have a preview of the repaired Entourage database file before saving, open it in Stellar Phoenix Entourage Repair. You will find the default repaired mail which is displayed in the preview window. To have a preview of any mail, hit on ‘Mail’ button of the Toolbar or go to ‘View’ menu and click Mail option. You can even select your desired Entourage mailbox folder to see its contents.
Step 4: Now to save the repaired entourage file at your desired location, click on the File option on the application’s menu bar. Then select the ‘Save Repaired File’ option and after this, you will find the ‘Destination Folder’ dialog box. Select your desired destination for saving the repaired file.
Step 5: At last you will find a saving process dialog box. You can even click on ‘Stop’ button to stop the file saving process.