Ms Excel is one of the popularly use Microsoft application that is used to store information as well as help users to manage, organize, calculate and manipulate data. Excel file is used in many organizations both big and small. It is also used by individual for personal use. But Excel file too get corrupt and it start throwing several error messages. One of such error is “Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications.”
This errors mostly occurs when an Excel file have very large data stored in it. For example – the data stored in spreadsheet is more 10,000 rows. So, how to fix this “Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications.” error. Well, find it below.
Try these quick solutions to fix the above error:
1 – Close all application on your system, including Excel also and the re-open the excel sheet.
2 – Disable any unwanted formatting in your Spreadsheet:
- Select all by pressing Ctrl + A
- In the right hand side of the “Home”, choose “Clear” and then click on “Clear Formats”
3 – Close any unnecessary background application by following the below steps:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc or Ctrl + Alt + Del to open Task Manager
- Click on “Processes” tab
- Select the program that you want to close. Note – do not close the task where the username is “System”, it can cause your computer to hang.
- Now click the “end task” to close the applications.
4 – Set Automatic calculation to manual
By default, excel calculate the formula automatically when any changes is made. But if you want to improve the excel performance then set the automatic calculation to manual by following the below steps:
- Click on “File” then click “Option”
- Under Calculation option select “Manual”
- Click Ok
Note – Now to perform any calculations manually go to “Formula” section and choose “Calculate Now”
5 – Disable background or startup program permannently
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type msconfig, and click ‘OK‘.
- In the “General” tab select “Selective Startup“.
- In the “Startup” tab, disable (uncheck) any items which are not needed.
- In the “Services” tab, select “Hide All Microsoft Services“, then disable (uncheck) any items which are not needed.
- Select ‘OK‘ and restart your computer.
6 – Split your data into several multiple spreadsheets.
7 – Upgrades hardware and software:
- Increase your system RAM, e.g. to 4 or 8 GB.
- Upgrade to 64-bit Excel, which take benefit of more than 2 GB can RAM and enables much larger workbooks.
8 – If the above all the steps still did not resolve your issue then it is recommended that you must use MS Excel file repair tool to fix the above errors. This tool is specifically designed to handle several Microsoft Excel errors and corruption issues. You can download the demo version absolutely free to analyze the reliability and its functions. Hence, use MS Excel File Repair tool to fix the error “Excel cannot complete this task with available resources” or any other corruption issues.
Steps to Fix error “Excel cannot complete this task with available resources” :
Step 1: Download the recovery software and after that hit on “OK” button to start the process.
Step 2: To recover the corrupt file, hit on “Select file” button. BY using the “Look in” you can search from particular logical drive.
Step 3: Select the corrupt file from the search list with the help of check box. After that hit on “Select all” and hit on “Start” button to begin the scanning process.
Step 4: As soon as the scanning process completes, you can view your corrupt files.
Step 5: At last, hit on the “Start repair” button to begin the repairing process. Select the perfect location to save your repaired excel file and after that hit on “OK” button.