Have you come across Exchange server error ‘550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay’? Are you looking for a solution to resolve the above mentioned error message? If “Yes” then you have landed on the right webpage. Here you will learn about little solution that will help you to fix ‘550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay’ Exchange server error.
Well, if you are regular users of Exchange server with MS Outlook, then you may have encounter the following mentioned error message when you try to send emails outside their domain:
“550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay”
- First reasons for the occurrence of error 550 are when you try to send the emails to domain other than the user’s. This happens because mail server fails to identify the sender. It means that users are not authorized to the server and hence, they do not have permission to send emails.
- Second reasons for the error could be the absence of the recipient policy for that specific policy in the user’s department.
- And the last reasons could be the corruption of Exchange Database (EDB) for the occurrence of the above error.
Solutions to fix Exchange Server Error ‘550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay’
In order to fix above mentioned error message, follow the below mentioned solutions:
Allow and authorize all computer and users to send emails: Below follow the steps how to do it:
- In the Exchange Server Manager go to Administrative Groups
- Go to Administrative Group Name -> Server -> Server Name -> Protocols -> SMTP
- Right click on Default SMTP Virtual Server and then select Properties
- Now select Access tab and click on Relay and then select ‘only the list below‘
- After this add the IPs you wish to relay and your domain
- At last check ‘Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list above‘. Voila, you are done here!!!
One can also check the several Exchange Server errors that you face in the application event log and you can solve them with the inbuilt utility.
If the aforementioned error is due to corruption then it can be repaired and fixed by utilizing the Microsoft inbuilt utility ESEUTIL. But in case if the inbuilt utility also does not come in help in solving the errors, then you need to take help of third party Exchange Server Database (EDB) recovery tool.
EDB File Repair Tool is appropriate software that is designed to handle and fix Exchange 550 5.7.1 unable to relay error, which normally occurs due to corrupt or damaged database.
About EDB File Repair Tool
To repair damaged or error showing EDB file you should try a professional EDB repair tool, this recovery application able to deal with all types of issues that corrupt a healthy EDB file. With the help of this tool you can restore emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc. from corrupt EDB files. It is packed with lots of features that make you able to deal with Exchange Server Error ‘550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay’ situation, through this you can repair, restores damaged EDB files and Saves as MS Outlook PST File. It also allows you to exports recovered mailboxes to Live Exchange Server and searching particular Mails in the repaired EDB file. You can easily save the recovered EDB as MSG, EML, HTML, RTF and PDF Files. It supports MS Exchange Server 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 / 2000 and 5.5.
This recovery application allows anyone to repair their EDB database and get back their data because it is designed with easy to understand user interface, interface contained by this tool is packed with lots of graphical signs that make it very easy to use application. So, you don’t need to call any EDB professional in the manner to repair or recover your corrupt database. This recovery tool also doesn’t need any backup to repair your database; YES, it is true you don’t need a backup of your database to get your data back. So, try this application once and restore data from your EDB file.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How To Resolve Exchange Server Error 1053
- HOW TO SOLVE WHEN EXCHANGE DATABASE FAILS TO MOUNT WITH (HR=0X80004005, EC=-528) ERROR
- How To Fix Exchange Jet Error 1018
- How to Fix Public Error (Pub.edb) Error
Key Features of EDB Recovery Application
Repair a Damaged Exchange Server
The basic task of this recovery tool is to repair any severely corrupt Exchange database file (EDB) and recover the inaccessible mailboxes completely into a working PST file. After recovering you can easily import the PST files to your MS Outlook application and again access to all your mail components.
Restore Accidentally Deleted Mailboxes
This recovery tool is programmed with very strong algorithms that provide it very effective scanning technology, it becomes very useful in recovering and restoring the user mailboxes, which have been deleted accidentally.
It Automatically Generates Log Report of Entire Recovery Process
This recovery tool creates and allows user to save the complete log report of the whole recovery process. This Log Report contains the entire history of the recovery operation such as the path of the scanned EDB file, recovery Date & Time, recovered folders and more.
This application supports various versions of MS Exchange that include the latest MS Exchange Server and Windows Operating System.
- Server Compatibility– MS Exchange Server 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 / 2000 / 5.5
- Operating Systemcompatibility – Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / Windows Server 12 and 8
Additional features: You can search for the Particular Mails from Scanned EDB file and also recover data from Selective Mailbox Exchange, Saves the repaired Mailbox in PST Format, see the preview of recoverable User Mailboxes, Save and Load Scan Information and more.
Steps to fix Exchange Server Error ‘550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay’
Step 1: Click on ‘open EDB File’ and choose the EDB file or to search the files you may click on ‘Find EDB File’.
Step 2: Select the MS Exchange Server type and click ‘Start’ button.
Step 3: Select the scanning types, ‘Quick Scan’ or ‘Extensive Scan’ and click ‘OK’.
Step 4: Recoverable file and folders are presented in the left panel; you may see the preview of the item by clicking.
Step 5: Now select the mailbox folders to recover and then click on the ‘Save mailboxes’ icon. Fill the destination drive or folder in a dialog box and click ‘OK’.
Step 6: And the selected Data will be recovered.
Manual trick to repair the corrupted edb files
If you are unable to access your edb database due to any error then it is sure you’re your edb database gets damaged. There are lots of tools available that can turn a dirty or damaged EDB file into a working database but it is recommended that try to restore data with the help of manual method before buying nay tool. Below manual trick to repair a corrupted edb file is given, apply them carefully and easily restore the lost data and other objects.
Configuring Gmail account to the Thunderbird is a good idea to repair the data
- Open the Thunderbird and go toTools–account settings– > click onAccount Actions–Add Mail Account. Now, another mail account can be added to Thunderbird.
- Now enter new name, email address and password. Click on asIMAPradio button and clickDone to save.
- At the left hand side, click on theGmail account ID.
- In theThunderbird, Gmail account has been configured and here, you can view all the email messages.
The above given trick is very helpful and able to fix Exchange Server Error ‘550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay’ but sometime it get fails when the level of corruption is very higher or EDB database gets damaged deeply.