Learn The Effective Solutions To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6175!
Error -6175, 0: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file
QuickBooks Desktop shows the following error when you try to host multi-user access for your company data file:
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again.
If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error code: (-6175,0)
– Original Post from Intuit Community
Are you also facing the same error while you try to access the QuickBooks company file? Looking for an effective way to troubleshoot this 6175 QuickBooks error code?
If “yes” then don’t worry just relax!
In this article I am going to share few but very effective and top solutions that will help you to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6175.
- What Is QuickBooks Error Code 6175?
- Reasons For The Occurrence of Error 6175 in QuickBooks
- Solution 1: Reboot The Server
- Solution 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Solution 3: Check Appropriate Configuration For Hosting
- Solution 4: Change QuickBooksDBXX Service To Local System Account
- Solution 5: Try QuickBooks File Repair Tool To Fix QuickBooks Error 6175
So, kindly read the complete article and follow the solutions one by one and see if your problem is solved or not.
But before that let us know what is QuickBooks error code 6175 and reasons that makes QuickBooks to throw 6175 error.
Additional Reading: How Do I Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a [6 Solutions]
What Is QuickBooks Error Code 6175?
QuickBooks error code 6175 mostly occurred when user try to access QuickBooks company file.
Alternatively, error 6175 can also occur in the QuickBooks Desktop application when you try to host multi-user access for your company data file.
When you get this error code then it displays the following error message:
QuickBooks is trying to access the company file but the database server is not responding.
Error codes: (-6175, 0).
Reasons For The Occurrence of Error 6175 in QuickBooks
As per Intuit, QuickBooks company file error 6175 occurs when you try to start QuickBooks Desktop application and it is unable to start or stop the Database Server Manager.
In multi user-mode the Database Server Manager is used to host company files and if this service encounter any problem that leads to program time-out then it cannot start and thereby result in error 6175 in QuickBooks.
Some of the other causes that can lead to this service start and stop that could lead to 6175 error code:
- Busy status of the server that is hosting the company file (QBW).
- Firewall software.
- Content blockers (cyber-sitter programs).
- When server hosting files is unable to perform any other task.
- When system create the error at the time of communication.
- Other technical issue
Now the question arises that how to deal with QuickBooks error code 6175?
So, without any delay, here we present the solutions to fix QuickBooks error code 6175.
Additional Reading: [Fixed]: ‘This is a Corrupted or Damaged QuickBooks Database’ Error
Solution 1: Reboot The Server
This is the very first troubleshoot that you must follow to avoid this error code. Try to reboot the server, it will usually restore server to normal operation.
However, if above solution fails, then you need to follow some advanced method to fix it.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor and try to fix your damaged company files or Network.
To download QuickBooks File Doctor and for detail information you can check out official website: HERE.
Additional Reading: Top Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Rebuild Not Responding Error
Solution 3: Check Appropriate Configuration For Hosting
Make sure that the:
- QBDataServiceUser is configured to be used with Power User or Administrator rights.
- Executables files such as exe, QBUpdate.exe, QBDBMgr.exe and QBDBMgrN.exe correct access rights for any firewall or system security software.
After that reboot the server and then try to access the company file.
If your error code still continues to occur, then follow the next solution mentioned-below.
- Multi-user configuration requires Windows Admin rights
- Configure Firewall and Internet security settings for QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: Change QuickBooksDBXX Service To Local System Account
- On your PC, click Start and type MSC in search bar and hit ENTER.
- Right-click on the QuickBooksDBXX service and then click on Properties and then go to Log on
- In Local System account, check the radio button and click
- Finally click on Apply and then click on OK. After that you can switch to multi-user again.
Additional Reading: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code -11118
Solution 5: Try QuickBooks File Repair Tool To Fix QuickBooks Error 6175
If none of the above solution works, then you can use QuickBooks File Repair Tool. It detects the errors and problems of QuickBooks Files (QBW) and repair/fix them effectively and thereby allows you to recover important information such as vendors, company, financial information, employees, customers, payroll transactions and many more.
It is very easy to use that includes three easy steps – Select> Scan> Repair.
Below find out the step by step guide on how to fix QuickBooks error.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How To Fix QuickBooks Error -6147, 0 on Windows/Mac
- Solution To Fix Quickbook Error 6150-0
- How To Fix Quickbook Error 6189-83
- How to Resolve Update Errors in QuickBooks
Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6175
Step 1: Download and install QuickBooks File Repair Tool and click on “Select File” button if you know the location of QuickBooks files or select “Search Files” if you don’t know the location of files.
Step 2: Click the ‘Scan File’ button for scanning the selected file.
Step 3: After then, click on the “Company” button to see the preview of scanned company information.
Step 4: By clicking on ‘Customer’ button, you can see the customer related information.
Step 5: Click on “Vendors” button to see the information of vendors.
Step 6: If you want to see the information of employees click on “Employees” button.
Step 7: Click on the “Repair” button, a “Save As” dialog box will appear select version, path and then click on the ‘Start’ button.
Step 8: If repair process is successfully completed then a message will appear as “repair process completed successfully”. Now click ‘OK’ and close the box.
When errors occur with QB software, then all work gets stuck. But you do not need to worry, as of now you have got top 5 solution that can help you to fix the QuickBooks error code 6175. However, one of the best solutions is to try QuickBooks File Repair Tool because it has been proven to fix various QuickBooks company file errors.