Are you experiencing issues after updating to InDesign CC 2017? Well you don’t have to worry as there are such troubleshooting tips to fix issues encountered after InDesign CC 2017. Before stepping towards the solution let’s first discuss about the what are those issue that causing the problem.
For all InDesign users the release of InDesign CC (creative cloud) is gone be a rock. As the new InDesign CC addresses designer’s most pressing needs and renders everyday workflows frictionless with speedier app performance along with the unparalleled stability and time saving features. So, now the marvelous creativity is at your finger tip. New features geared to help you work smarter in InDesign CC.
However, the new feature is totally a waste if the InDesign application won’t work properly after updating. Hence, it’s your first priority to fix the issues generated after updating InDesign to InDesign CC 2017.1. For this , just follow down the below mentioned solutions.
After updating InDesign to InDesign cc 2017.1, you face one of the following issues:
- Sudden missing of the header rows while updating tables.
- InDesign crashing issue while showing tabbed panel in scriptUI Dialog
- Startup-script which performs action on New Document/afterNewDocument, doesn’t work anymore because of New Command+N dialog
Fixes To Troubleshoot Issues After Updating To InDesign CC 2017
- Download BugFixes WIN.zip and extract its contents to desktop.
- After unzipping this zipped folder make a double click on the CopyPlugins.vbs icon.
3. Select the folder in which Adobe InDesign CC 2017 is get installed.
4. Click to OK option.
5. Launch the InDesign.
- Download BugFixes_MAC.zip and extract its contents to desktop.
- After unzipping this zipped folder, make a double click on the CopyPlugin_MAC icon.
3. Select the folder where adobe InDesign CC 2017 is installed.
4. Click Choose.
5. Launch InDesign.
Repair InDesign Files on Mac OS X
Method 1: InDesign Troubleshoot On Mac Os X
InDesign application has a quiet interesting feature know as Document Recovery using which you can restores the lost or damaged INDD files due to sudden power outage and system issues. But this document recovery feature won’t work if the InDesign file is get corrupted due to other reasons including disk crash, disk errors, malware, viruses, bad permissions, software glitch etc.
Method 2: Fix Mac Disk Permissions
Using the disk utility, repair Mac Hard Drive with options such as – Repair Disk and Repair Disk Permissions. The permission “differs” for the InDesign files and may be one of the reasons for damaged INDD documents. By resolving the disk error, chances are also that corrupt InDesign files can be recovered. After complete checking of the disk , re-open the InDesign application and view your INDD document.
Method 3: Disk Maintenance
Also check is the hard drive requires maintenance other than disk repair. For instance, the mac hard drive is may be choking due to insufficient free spaces. You can make a check of the file storage on mac hard drive through Storage.
To use Storage, follow this path:
Apple Logo<<About This Mac<<More Info<<Storage
Perform disk cleaning by removing junk files from startup drive so that your InDesign application will get more space. Make sure that the ram consumption is honest since low RAM space could result in frequent freezing or hanging of the application.
User can try saving the InDesign file to an external hard drive.
Method 4: Re-name & Save corrupt InDesign document
After applying each tip, make sure to close the INDD application and launch it again. For opening the InDesign file after fresh launch, follow below mentioned method:
First of all go to the File << Open << Select the InDesign file << Copy << Rename the InDesign file and check
Be sure that the version of the file and the OS X are well compatible. Else use software Help<< Updates.
Method 5: Remove the files from the document recovery folder
Move these files to your desktop and then try to recover them using the following method:
You can change the document recovery folder in the user preferences. Here is the default path, mentioned below but check the location in preferences> File Handling > Document Recovery Data to be certain.
- On Windows XP:C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\Version [#.0]\en_US\Caches\InDesign Recovery
- On Windows Vista and Windows 7:C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version [#.0]\en_US\Caches\InDesign Recovery
- On Mac OS:/[Hard Drive]/Users/[User Name]/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/Version [#.0]/InDesign Recovery
Method 6: Revive settings
Preference resetting is the technique that works great in fixing InDesign crash issue, as entire custom settings will be reformed.
This will wipe all your application preferences. So, it’s better to first sync entire settings to the cloud and then follows below steps to reset the InDesign preferences.
- Restart InDesign application
- Hold Ctrl+ Alt + Shift (Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift in Mac)
- Hit to ‘yes’ option in Reset preferences pop-up
Go with the best recommended option: InDesign File Repair Tool
InDesign file Repair tool is advanced software that fixes corrupt or damaged indesign (INDD) files successfully. With the help of this tool you can repair all design elements like, Text, Tables, Animation Media Objects, Notes & Footnotes, TOC, Bookmarks, Hyperlinks, Images, Cross-references, Layers, Standard Shapes Special Characters, etc.
- Repairs and recover all Adobe InDesign elements in the INDD files.
- Before repair the corrupt files, it will show you the preview.
- Does Raw recovery to repair text and images of the corrupt indd file.
- Support all version of InDesign application suits like CS5.5, CS6, Creative Cloud (CC) till CC-2017
- Compatible with Mac OS Sierra 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7 & 10.6