Summary: There are many QuickBooks users are looking for an easy and quick way to backup QuickBooks online. So, here I am sharing my experience that will help you to create Intuit QuickBooks online backup like a Pro. Simply follow the methods mentioned below.
- Way 1: Backing Up QuickBooks by Using QuickBooks Online Backup Service
- Way 2: Backup QuickBooks Online Using Internet Explorer
- QuickBooks Online Backup: Advantages and Disadvantages
If you are running business, then most of your financial life would be depending upon QuickBooks application. QuickBooks is flexible application that helps you in managing expenses, monitors your cash flow, create invoices, etc. Beside these, it offers set of features that is beneficial for freelancers that help them to concentrate on their work without worrying about managing transactions.
Today, there are various business house, organizations and even a sole proprietorship are using QuickBooks to take care of their financials.
But keeping all these features apart, QuickBooks too is just an application and it is also prone to corruption as other software application. However, there is a solution to fix corrupted QuickBooks files but there are many users out there want to keep backup of QuickBooks online so that they can deal with such corruption or other issues.
Online Backup is not working
New Quickbooks user. Multiple times on phone support for POS and Quickbooks which I find very inefficient and generally not helpful. Purchased Quickbooks Pro 2017 desktop with support and online backup. When I use online backup it says I have to purchase it so I did for another 9.95 a month. Backup is running but not doing anything. When I force a backup it says there were issues with the backup and I should review the history log. When I look at the history there is no history!! So I am paying for two online backups and getting none. This should not be this hard.
– Original Post From Intuit Community
Let me tell, you that QuickBooks has its own Online Backup service to create and upload online backups. Below find out the stet-by-step guide on how to backup QuickBooks online.
Additional Reading: How To Backup Your QuickBooks Data Files
Way 1: Backing Up QuickBooks by Using QuickBooks Online Backup Service
Note: This online backup service only applies to QuickBooks 2010 and older version. If you are using QuickBooks 2011 or later version you must use Intuit Data Protect and not QuickBooks online backup service. We will also discuss about Intuit Data Protect but after providing the steps for QuickBooks (QBW) Online Backup Service.
Here’s how to do it:
First of all you have to Sign Up for QuickBooks Online Backup Service and once you get your Account ID and Password, you have to install Online Backup client program.
How to Download & Install QuickBooks Online Backup Client Program:
- Here download the setup file.
- Once the download completes next install it on your computer.
- Windows 7 or Vista:
- Right-click the msi and select Run as Administrator or Installif the Run as Administrator option is not available.
- Windows XP:
- Click Runto begin the installation process.
- If you receive a security warning about running QuickBooks Online Backup, click Run.
- Windows 7 or Vista:
- Next, in the QuickBooks Online Backup Setup Wizard, click Nextand follow the onscreen instructions to install the program.
Note: The installed applications will be saved to the default location: C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Online Backup\ and it Intuit also recommends installing the Online Backup client application at this location itself.
- After the installation, click Close and then enter the Account IDand Password that you received in an email when you signed up for the QuickBooks Online Backup service and then click OK.
- When the Installation Complete window opens, click Continueand follow the instructions for Starting QuickBooks Online Backup.
Note: If you are using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, then you can also perform manual download.
How To Use Intuit Data Protect And Backup QuickBooks Online
It is very easy to use Intuit Data Protect to Backup QuickBooks Online.
- Just open Intuit Data Protect and click Back Up Now.
- In order to open Intuit Data Protect, simply find the Intuit Data Protect icon in our computer Tray (typically located at the system clock).
- Right-click the icon and select Open Intuit Data Protect.
Additional Reading: 4 Secret Tips to Speed Up QuickBooks Performance [QuickBooks Tips & Tricks]
Way 2: Backup QuickBooks Online Using Internet Explorer
Beside corruption, you must also back-up QuickBooks to prevent data loss. As it help you to create and keep a copy of your finances in case of emergency.
Here’s how to do it:
Below is the QuickBooks Online Home screen. Simply click on Settings Gear Icon located at the top right corner.
Select Export Data located under Tools. This will begin the QBO Backup Wizard.
Next, download the needed ActiveX controls and follow the on-screen instructions to ensure the adequate access.
In the next step, when you get select your data screen, then choose All Financial Data.
Carefully read the information about the file that you are about to backup. Note that customer credit card details and location will not be saved. After this, click on Continue button.
Once, you click on Continue button, you will be asked to enter your Name and email so that you can get notification when the file will be available for download.
Finally, when the file is ready for download, you will be notified via email. You can download the file from the Main screen of QuickBooks from the Take Action section located on the right side.
Additional Reading: Quickbook Data Recovery – Step by Step Method to Restore QBW / QBA Files!
QuickBooks Online Backup: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Completely automated. Do not require user much effort. You have just set-up once and it will automatically backup for you depending upon the schedule that you set.
- You will not have to purchase any extra hard drive or allot an extra space on your computer for backups.
- Safe and secure as you don’t have to worry about misplacing any backup disc as you have online backup.
- You need to pay if you have signed-up for QuickBooks online backup service.
- The transfer rate is slow. It completely depends upon the how much data you are backing up online and how fast is your internet connection.
- Online backup for QuickBooks is not a good choice if you are on a Dial-up connection.
So, you have now got the two ways to create a backup of QuickBooks online i.e, backing up QuickBooks using QuickBooks online backup service and backup QuickBooks online using Internet Explorer. You can use any of the above mentioned ways to backup QuickBooks online.