All through Corruption issues, Exchange Administrators may develop Eseutil/Isinteg control lines to fix approachable or damaged file of Exchange database. Both utilities are intrinsic characteristic of MS Exchange Server & can perform hard and soft revival using offline Server. Default drive position of these utilities is shown below:
Carry out following ways before using Eseutil/Isinteg Utilities
- Sign in as Administrator
- Create replica of corrupted or healthy EDB database files using Backup directory
- Using MS Exchange, descend absolute EDB data
- Reallocate unnecessary folders and files and liberate space of floppy disk
- Exploit CHKDSK program to confirm hard disk for dreadful segments
Both (Eseutil and Isinteg) commands are helpful on offline Exchange list, so record must be get down from MS Exchange Server earlier than you implement such software. You might even run Exeutil.exe authority from DOC command without delay.
Follow steps to run Eseutil command line
- Press Start>>Run
- Within run box, mark “cmd” & press “ok”
- Then shift to C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin
- Inscribe Eseutil.exe within command line
- exe comprise of 2 repair approach “/r” and “p”.
Eseutil/r command is used for soft recuperation of Exchange Server record.
Moreover if Exchange database are extremely ruined then you should be using Eseutil/p command line to fix unreachable pub1.edb and priv1.edb archive
Eseutil /p C:\Program files\Exchsvr\mdbdata\ primary name.EDB
Factors that cause Exchange Server corruption
There are lots of factors that can turn a healthy EDB database into an error showing database and generate How to Repair Exchange database with Eseutil and Isinteg Command Lines issues. Below are the possible causes and factors of Exchange Database corruption. You need to just read them carefully to avoid corruption:
- Not Excluding the spool folder from Antivirus scans: Spool folder is a folder that contains all the journal files that are applied to the Exchange database on the Replica during management or replication. If Antivirus seizes this file, then the database on the Replica will be dammed. If this ever occurs then you have to resynchronize the replica.
- Bouncing synchronization.
- 1450 inadequate System Resources errors on either main or Replica.
- Attaching Storage Group or Mailbox Stores without ‘Auto-detecting‘ the Exchange databases in situation and desynchronizing.
- Executing Exchange Services on Replica during synchronization or replication.
- Unable to complete synchronization and trying to failover to Replica.
- Damaged Master database.
- Executing an offline defragmentation on the main database without ending the scenario.
- Improper configured Server attendant services
- Deletion of LOG files can cause storage discrepancy
- An oversized transaction logs might affect the work of EDB file and slowdown its performance.
- Computer Virus or Malware attack
- Hard drive failure
- Checksum errors
Exchange Server Backup Methods
The following are the Microsoft Exchange backups methods that are supported by the Microsoft, that make you able to deal with How to Repair Exchange database with Eseutil and Isinteg Command Lines:
- Online backups
- Offline backups
Online Backups and Types of Online Backups
Online backups are created while Exchange services are running. No any Exchange services have to be stopped for this backup to complete.
- Normal (or Full):In this type of online backup, it backs up the entire directory or Exchange store, along with the log files. To restore data from a normal backup, only one normal backup is required.
- Copy backup:It is similar to the normal backup but it doesn’t mark takes place to give incremental and differential context. So, if you execute an incremental backup after a copy backup then it becomes equal to performing it before a copy backup.
- Incremental: In this type of backup, the subset of the component that has changed is backed up as the last normal or incremental backup. After it, marks these objects as backed up. In the manner to restore from incremental backups, every incremental backup since the last normal backup and the normal backup are required.
- Differential:In the differential backup it backs up modifications in the directory or Exchange store that have happens since the last normal backup. In the manner to restore from differential backups, one differential backup and one normal backup is needed.
You will Required the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service running to restore an online backup in Exchange 2000 Server.
Offline backups are use to backups the Exchange files and folders when Exchange services are not running or in offline mode. A planed offline backup will result in reliable database files. It will help you in the case of sudden shutdown of Exchange services and others. An unplanned offline backup is the backups that are created when the server fails.
About the EDB Repair Tool
To repair damaged or error showing EDB file you should try a professional EDB repair tool, this recovery application able to deal with all types of issues that corrupt a healthy EDB file. With the help of this tool you can restore emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc. from corrupt EDB files. It is packed with lots of features that make you able to deal with How to Repair Exchange database with Eseutil and Isinteg Command Lines situation, through this you can repair, restores damaged EDB files and Saves as MS Outlook PST File. It also allows you to exports recovered mailboxes to Live Exchange Server and searching particular Mails in the repaired EDB file. You can easily save the recovered EDB as MSG, EML, HTML, RTF and PDF Files. It supports MS Exchange Server 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 / 2000 and 5.5.
This recovery application allows anyone to repair their EDB database and get back their data because it is designed with easy to understand user interface, interface contained by this tool is packed with lots of graphical signs that make it very easy to use application. So, you don’t need to call any EDB professional in the manner to repair or recover your corrupt database. This recovery tool also doesn’t need any backup to repair your database; YES, it is true you don’t need a backup of your database to get your data back. So, try this application once and restore data from your EDB file.
Key Features of EDB Recovery Application
Repair a Damaged Exchange Server
The basic task of this recovery tool is to repair any severely corrupt Exchange database file (EDB) and recover the inaccessible mailboxes completely into a working PST file. After recovering you can easily import the PST files to your MS Outlook application and again access to all your mail components.
Restore Accidentally Deleted Mailboxes
This recovery tool is programmed with very strong algorithms that provide it very effective scanning technology, it becomes very useful in recovering and restoring the user mailboxes, which have been deleted accidentally.
It Automatically Generates Log Report of Entire Recovery Process
This recovery tool creates and allows user to save the complete log report of the whole recovery process. This Log Report contains the entire history of the recovery operation such as the path of the scanned EDB file, recovery Date & Time, recovered folders and more.
This application supports various versions of MS Exchange that include the latest MS Exchange Server and Windows Operating System.
- Server Compatibility– MS Exchange Server 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 / 2000 / 5.5
- Operating Systemcompatibility – Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / Windows Server 12 and 8
Additional features: You can search for the Particular Mails from Scanned EDB file and also recover data from Selective Mailbox Exchange, Saves the repaired Mailbox in PST Format, see the preview of recoverable User Mailboxes, Save and Load Scan Information and more.
Steps to fix Exchange Server database service that denies write access
Step 1: Click on ‘open EDB File’ and choose the EDB file or to search the files you may click on ‘Find EDB File’.
Step 2: Select the MS Exchange Server type and click ‘Start’ button.
Step 3: Select the scanning types, ‘Quick Scan’ or ‘Extensive Scan’ and click ‘OK’.
Step 4: Recoverable file and folders are presented in the left panel; you may see the preview of the item by clicking.
Step 5: Now select the mailbox folders to recover and then click on the ‘Save mailboxes’ icon. Fill the destination drive or folder in a dialog box and click ‘OK’.
Step 6: And the selected Data will be recovered.
Manual trick to repair the corrupted edb files
If you are unable to access your edb database due to any error then it is sure you’re your edb database gets damaged. There are lots of tools available that can turn a dirty or damaged EDB file into a working database but it is recommended that try to restore data with the help of manual method before buying nay tool. Below manual trick to repair a corrupted edb file is given, apply them carefully and easily restore the lost data and other objects.
Configuring Gmail account to the Thunderbird is a good idea to repair the data
- Open the Thunderbird and go toTools–account settings– > click onAccount Actions–Add Mail Account. Now, another mail account can be added to Thunderbird.
- Now enter new name, email address and password. Click on asIMAPradio button and clickDone to save.
- At the left hand side, click on theGmail account ID.
- In theThunderbird, Gmail account has been configured and here, you can view all the email messages.
The above given trick is very helpful and able to repair How to Repair Exchange database with Eseutil and Isinteg Command Lines but sometime it get fails when the level of corruption is very higher or EDB database gets damaged deeply.