What is a Word File Header?
All Microsoft Office documents files such as Word, PowerPoint, Zip, RAR, etc have all its important information stored at the beginning of the file is known as the File Header. The MS Word document too have file header that contains information such as file extension, macros, settings, formats, etc. This info is unique for each Word file and it is important for opening file.
However, Word file are prone to corruption and if your Word file header gets corrupted then your Word file will not open and if you do not have copy of your Word file then you will lose the access to the data stored in it. In addition, if you have worked hard on your content by gathering information and data from several places then it becomes more frustrating and in such cases you would like to repair and recover your Word documents.
However, due to several unknown situations word file header gets corrupted. Below find out some of the reasons due to which your Word file header gets severely corrupted.
- Sudden Power Failure – at the time when you are working on your word document and suddenly your system gets shutdown due power failure or abnormal weather condition then it may result in corruption to the header of the word file.
- Virus Attack – This is the prime factors due to which every files of the computer gets affected. MS Word file also get infected with virus and it can easily corrupt the header of the documents.
- Interruption while transferring – When you transfer word file from external device to computer or vice versa and if there is any interruption then it may lead to Word header corruption. Interruption can occur due to disconnection of external device.
Solutions – To Fix Corrupt Word File Header
Fortunately there are solutions that you can follow to fix Word document header by using inbox “Open & Repair” utility. Below follow the steps to repair Word file header:
- Run your MS Word application and Select “File” menu and then click on “Open”.
- Search for corrupt Word document by using Open dialogue box. Select the corrupt file but do not open it.
- Now just click on small triangle icon that is pointing downward on “Open” button. There you will see the “Open and Repair” option, just click on it. After this MS word will attempt to fix the corruption.
- If your file gets repaired successfully then save the recovered data with the new file name.
But sometimes “Open and Repair” utility fails, but in this case you do not need to panic. You can still repair your corrupt Word file header with the help of suitable MS Word File Repair Tool. It comes with powerful scanning mechanism that scan and repair severely corrupted word file and recover the data successfully. It can easily repair both .docx and .doc Word file extensions that is created on MS Word 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 versions.
Steps to Repair Corrupt Word File Header
Step 1: User needs to just select a single file by clicking on a ‘Select File’ option or simply on a folder that contains all word files. They need to click on the ‘Select Folder’ or need to find the file clicking on the ‘Find File’ option.
Step 2: As a list of selected file is displayed, user need to thus make the selection of the Word file by using checkbox that they want to repair. They need to select all files by marking the ‘Select All’ checkbox. After that they need to click on the ‘Scan’ button.
Step 5: For repairing, user need to simply click on the click on the ‘Start Repair’ option. Then they need to make selection of the option for saving their file from ‘Save Document’ dialog box and thus click ‘Ok’ button.
If you are the one facing the same issue then you should follow the first solution that is using “Open and Repair” utility, if it doesn’t work then you can go MS Word File Repair tool. Free demo the tool is available that you can download to check the features and reliability of the tool.