Many organizations develop websites and stores files, documents and critical information in a secured and organized way for sharing purpose. This is possible because of Microsoft Share Point, which sets the platform and framework of web applications. With the use of a web browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc. you can access all the data that is stored on MS SharePoint Server from any device which supports Internet.
Microsoft SharePoint Server is popular as it comprises of the set of web technologies and its interface is similar to that of Microsoft Office suite. The service provided by Microsoft is designed in such a way that even a common man who is not technically sound can use it. These users get their SharePoint content database corrupt due to carelessness and mismanagement. One such scenario is that if you fail to download files from SharePoint Server, then you would get an error message.
Why SharePoint Server becomes corrupt
SharePoint Server content database may get corrupt due to many issues that affect its proper functioning and results in failure to access to the files stored on the server, disk corruption, memory goes out of availability, corruption in the database index, and many more. The lists of some errors are as follows:
Error Event ID : 74- This error is associated with the search crawls as well as the queries and also due to involvement of Mssearch.exe in Microsoft SharePoint. The error message appears due to the following primary causes:
- Corrupt database’s index content in the SharePoint.
- Disk failure or a like issue with the disk leads to database index corruption.
Error Event ID: 71– After initializing the Mssearch.exe process this error appears in Microsoft SharePoint. During this time both the query and activities of the crawl components pushes back the SharePoint foundation. It affects the functioning of the Server. The primary causes of the error are:
- Corrupt or damaged index file
- No index files are available on the disk
- Insufficient memory
If you encounter the above mentioned error then it can be resolved by using SharePoint Server Repair Tool. It allows the user to retrieve share point database like documents, labels, indexes, tables, and stored procedures from inaccessible files. It restores corrupt or deleted database and save the recovered files at the specific location on the system.
Features of SharePoint Repair Tools
- Prioritize the migration and determines the true extent of the environment with reports to prioritize the content before migrating it.
- Repairs Database from corrupted SharePoint database.
- It identifies the SharePoint Server and sites as it understand the SharePoint Environment throughout the network.
- Tracks the user’s activities and modifies the security across the sites in order to reduce time spent for analyzing audit logs and report back to the content owners.
- Fixes all types of errors in managing tools.
- Content owner are empowered with accessing, scheduling and exporting reports.
Steps to use this software:
- Firstly launch the SharePoint Recovery Tool you would find an interface. This interface screen displays two options to recover SharePoint data: ‘Complete Repair’ and ‘Document Recovery’ Select as per your requirement.
- If you choose ‘Complete Repair’, the screen will show the options for selecting and searching the files. Click on ‘Select File’ to select a SharePoint database for repair. If you do not know the actual path of the database that you want to be repair, click on the ‘Search File’ to locate the file in a specific drive. After selecting your desired file initiate the scanning process.
- After finishing the scan, the software would generate a tree of all SharePoint database tables and will display it in the left pane. You can select the table in the tree and can have the entire preview in the right pane. Then Click on ‘Repair’ to begin repairing for the selected database.
- After clicking on ‘Repair’, this dialog box will appear. Specify the desired destination path. Click on the ‘Browse’ option to choose the destination path. And select ‘OK’ button.
- Once this process gets completed, you would find a dialog box that displays this message ‘Recovered file saved at the desired location. This shows that Recovery Process has successfully completed’. And select ‘OK’ button.
- You would find another dialog box that asks whether you want to attach the repaired database to the web application. If you click on ‘Yes’ button, the above dialog box will be displayed. In the web application URL type, the name of the corrupt databasee. Then Select ‘OK’ button and proceed. When the process gets finished, you would be able to access the repaired database by opening the web application.