Read this article to know the best fixes to resolve Outlook error 0x80040600. Apart from that you can also get complete detail about this Outlook unknown error 0x80040600.
What Is Outlook Error 0x80040600?
The Outlook is a kind of application that offers several advantages and benefits, but it is enjoyable till it is free from any sort of corruption but the situation turns quite annoying when you face errors with MS Outlook.
One of the most common error messages most of the users come across is :
Outlook Receiving reported error 0x80040600
Outlook Unknown Error 0x80040600”.
This error message simply signifies towards corrupt Outlook database.
PST stands for Personal Storage Table that amass crucial data and information such as calendars, email messages, entries, tasks, contacts, notes, and so on. In addition, you also have Receive and Send characteristics which permit the MS Outlook program to verify emails whenever you open it.
These PST files get damaged for various causes such as MS Outlook improper termination, software failure, virus attack, sharing PST on the dissimilar network, PST file oversize, etc.
Nevertheless, there are certain fixes available that can be helpful to battle these forms of corruption and errors. Some of the fixes are discussed underneath.
What Are The Symptoms Of Outlook 0x80040600 Error?
After the occurrence of Outlook error 0x80040600 you will start facing difficulty to send or receive emails.
Moreover, you will start losing access over all your saved Outlook data items like tasks, emails messages, calendars, tasks, journals, contacts, etc.
Following Outlook error message users will encounter meanwhile performing any operation in their respective Outlook account.
Outlook Unknown Error 0x80040600
What Causes Outlook Error 0x80040600?
Following are the common grounds which lead to the problems mentioned here:
- Incorrect data management style within the Outlook personal folder.
- Microsoft Outlook account which you are using somehow got corrupted and maybe it’s not working correctly.
- Outlook PST file or may the data stored within it somehow got corrupted.
- Either due to recent Outlook update or upgrade Windows registry is somehow got corrupted.
- Oversized PST file can also lead to Outlook Error 0x80040600.
- Poor connection with the mail server.
- Incorrectly configured Microsoft Outlook account.
How To Fix Outlook Error 0x80040600?
Outlook error code 0x80040600 is an issue, frequently connected to issues that occur whilst reading, sending or receiving emails. Therefore the prior thing that’s advised after coming across this error is simply to restart Outlook application and even the system. If both these techniques fail to help you then try the listed solution to easily fix outlook receiving reported error 0x80040600.
Solution#1 Run ScanPST.EXE Tool
For fixing up this Outlook error 0x80040600 the very first solution which I want to recommend is using the Outlook inbuilt tool i.e. Scanpst.exe.
This tool works great to specify the exact error location on your Outlook application. So, you need not search in your entire mailbox.
Actually this scanpst.exe inbuilt tool evaluates the current state of your file structure.
Follow the steps to use this scanpst.exe tool.
- At first, open your Outlook Control Panel (settings) >>Mail >> Show Profiles and choose profile showing the Outlook error 0x80040600.
- After then tap to the Properties button.
- From the opened dialogue box of Account Settings choose the Data Files tab.
- Note the location of your default PST file. You will see around that default location, there is a checkmark along with the black circle.
- After that exit the Outlook application. Now open the SCANPST.EXE (Inbox repair tool).
- In the ”Enter the name of the file you want to scan box”, type the location of your PST file.
- Hit the Start option to begin the repair procedure.
- After completing all this, check whether you are getting the same Outlook error 0x80040600.
Solution 2# Shift Complete Of Your Outlook Data To New PST File
- For the creation of new Outlook data file, follow the path: Outlook >> File >> New Items >> Outlook data file (.pst).
- Now you will see, this newly created file starts appearing on the left panel along with the folders for each of your mailbox items.
- It’s time to remove the old PST file. For this, you just need to make a right-click on your old PST data file.
- After then go to the outlook navigation pane and hit the close
- Go to the settings >> Mail >> Show Profiles.
- Choose the appropriate profile and hit the Properties
- Now from the Data Files>> Names, hit the Personal Folders Service.
- After then click the Settings and just note down the appearing path and file name.
- Copy the entire data of that file to your DVD or CD.
Solution 3# Fix Outlook PST File Corruption
Sometimes even the manual fixes fail to work. It requires specialized tools that are designed to fix Outlook file corruption. Therefore next most recommended resolution is to opt for Outlook PST File Repair Tool that’s capable of fixing Outlook error 0x80040600.
Nonetheless, the inbox repair tool takes an extended time to mend damaged PST file on the basis of file size and also the corruption rate.
This repair utility is mainly designed to fix minor corruption errors but if the Outlook PST file is severely damaged then the repair utility may not be able to recover lost data and it will result in email loss and deletion and the stored data turns inaccessible.
Steps to solve error 0x80040600
Step 1: Download and launch the Repair tool. Then ‘select outlook file’ to choose PST file where you want to work or you may find the specific PST file also.
Step 3: After scanning, mailbox folders and other data will emerge on the left side of the window. Choose the files of your selection.
Step 4: Then “save recovered file” on your system.
Step 5: After saving your files, the dialogue box will materialize that confirms files are accumulated and also displays “destination path” and “restored file size”.
We all know there are many email conversations saved on the Outlook client. This contains several of the user account data in one single database. So, the chances of Outlook data file corruption get too high which ultimately imparts to Outlook unknown error 0x80040600.
So you can try any of the above-mentioned fixes to resolve Outlook receiving reported error 0x80040600 as per your convenience.
Jeff Tecson is a senior technical writer at filerepairtool.net having over 5 years of experience. He has provided solutions related EDB file, OLM, PST Repair & many other email clients. Jeff holds a degree of Master’s in Computer Science from University of California, CA. Besides writing, he loves to play games, passionate about troubleshooting different technical problems and also wants to help people by providing best solutions in the industry.