Are you unable to login to the SQL server? Are you getting errors while login to Microsoft SQL Server? While login to Microsoft SQL server, is it failing? Are you getting SQL Server error 18456 while login in? After reading this blog, you would be able to fix this error.
Whenever you are trying to connect Microsoft SQL Server by authenticating your SQL id, you may get error 18456 and your login attempt fails. This error denotes that request for connection with the server is successful, but the server is unable to allow you to access due to many reasons and shows the error 18456. This error can be averted by enhancing your skills in SQL server.
How can you improve your SQL Server Skills?
Here are the lists of ways by which you can increase the skills of SQL server in the following ways:
- If you want to connect from an app such as Visual Studio and not by using SQL server management studio (SSMS) and you are getting this error.
- Now, try to connect by using SSMS and if it works then the issue is with the app.
- If still it does not work, then you should try with other user accounts which work
- If it does not work, then try the next step Try next point.
- If it works, then the username might be misspelt or may not exist, or password is not correct, or the account has been disabled.
- If you are able to connect by using SSMS
- If yes then you have to check whether you have created new SQL Account and then test it. If it is not working, then there is an issue with the services. And if it works then the issue is with the account or it the account might have been disabled.
- If no and then you might get the error in the EventID: 18456
This denotes that login has failed due to an infrastructure error as the validation of Token-based access to the server has failed.
How to fix this error Event ID 18456?
This error generally erupts, when the login attempt has been rejected while authentication and you get the following error message “Login failed for user ”. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18456)”. In such cases you should try to connect it by authenticating the SQL Server, you should verify whether it is configured in Mixed Authentication Mode and also verify login id and the password has been properly written. And if you are trying to connect by using Windows Authentication, then check that whether you have logged in properly in the correct domain. If by taking care of all the things and still you are facing the problem, then, in that case, it can be fixed with the help of SQL Repair Tool. It is professional software, with the help of this you can easily fix the issues related to SQL server. Moreover, it can also be used to recover the corrupt MDF files, tables, indexes etc.
Steps to fix error while login to SQL server
Step 1: Don’t further use MS SQL server, since a process of repair is completed on corrupt database copy so tap ‘OK’ button and carry on.
Step 2: Hit ‘Select database’ button and decide on the path of corrupt MDF file. Then search your corrupt database file by using ‘Look in’ and ‘File Type’ button. Hit the ‘Scan file’ button to start repairing process.
Step 3: The absolute listing of recoverable objects of a database is in the tree view on the left side of the window. You can see the preview by tapping any object.
Step 4: Start Repair to commence the procedure and save repaired file in the desired spot then hit the browse button and define the path, else repaired file will be saved in ‘Default SQL Location’. Press ‘Ok’ button.
So, the error 18456 generally occurs the SQL server is unable to grant you access. This can be avoided by enhancing your skills in SQL Server. Or else it can be fixed with the help of the software, with few simple clicks.
Jacob Martin is a technology enthusiast having experience of more than 4 years with great interest in database administration. He is expertise in related subjects like SQL database, Access, Oracle & others. Jacob has Master of Science (M.S) degree from the University of Dallas. He loves to write and provide solutions to people on database repair. Apart from this, he also loves to visit different countries in free time.