The QuickBooks error code “80029c4a” has become one of the hottest topics over the internet.
There have been many QuickBooks users reporting that they are getting the error message “80029c4a” with the description “Error loading type library/DLL” on their screen.
So, in this blog, we are going to provide detailed solutions on how to fix QuickBooks error 80029c4a? What is the QuickBooks 80029c4a error is? Why this error occurs?
Let us start with Real User Practical Scenario:
Who is going to fix error code 80029c4a at no charge. not my fault
We were using it with no problems. Tried to open it yesterday and keep getting error code 80028c4a. Called support, routed to data support. Want to charge me 299.95 to fix.
– Original Post From Intuit Community
In the above example, the user encountering QuickBooks error 80029c4a, but he doesn’t know why it is occurring and what is 80029c4a error code?
So, first of all, let us know about – What is QuickBooks error 80029c4a?
What is QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
The error code 80029c4a can be seen when you try to open the QuickBooks application and then you get the error with the following message:
“Problem: There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file.”
Error Code: 80029c4a.
Description: Error loading type library/DLL.
The error message also provides the solution displaying:
“This should only occur in rare situations. Such errors can be solved by restarting the computer, restarting all computers accessing the file in multi-user mode, or perhaps re-installing QuickBooks if the problem persists. If you need assistance, and decide to call customer support, please give the support representative the following information.”
The above message is displayed only with an “OK” button which when clicked, users see another error:
“QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem. Error type: 80029c4a – Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)”
By reading the above error message, clearly indicates that the problem is with a QuickBooks DLL which is the main cause for the occurrence of error 80029c4a.
But just wait a minute! There could be other several causes behind such behavior of QuickBooks error.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
- Maybe your QuickBooks application download is corrupt and hence it does not install correctly.
- May be any QuickBooks desktop system file is corrupt and cannot be found.
- It may be that there are corrupted Windows registry entry lies after the recent changes in the QuickBooks related software (install or uninstall).
- Virus intrusion might have corrupted Windows system files or QuickBooks related files.
- It could be possible that another software might be conflicting or mistakenly deleted QuickBooks related files.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
- “Error 80029C4A” shows up on your screen.
- The error appears on the screen and crashes the running program window.
- Your system crashes frequently with ‘Error 80029C4A’.
- Windows run sluggishly and respond slowly to keyboard and mouse inputs.
- Your computer freezes periodically.
- QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a also occurs during installation.
Alright so now the question arises – How to fix QuickBooks error code 80029c4a?
Well, below follow the solution to solve QuickBooks error code 80029c4a one by one and see if your problem is solved or not.
Best Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Solution 1: Restart the Computer
This is one of the solutions that are recommended by Intuit. So, simply restart/reboot your computer, maybe this can help you to fix your issue. Rebooting the system helps to clear memory issues and in return, it gives the installed application a fresh start.
Solution 2: Update Your QuickBooks
Intuit offers free QuickBooks updates, which can be updated automatically or you can manually update it whenever you want to.
These updates usually fix the application’s several issues, bugs problems, and other internal issues that you might be not aware of. So, if your QuickBooks is not up-to-date, then it is recommended that you must update it now and who knows your 80029c4a QuickBooks error code might get solved.
Note: Update your application carefully if you are using networked systems. It is suggested that you must update it after closing QuickBooks in all other systems or when you are in single-user mode.
Solution 3: Re-Launch QuickBooks To Get Rid of Error 80029c4a
Sometimes a quick re-launch of the QuickBooks application can help you to fix the error. If the above two solution fails to fix the issue, you can just follow this as this one should easy enough.
Solution 4: Run “reboot.bat” To Solve QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Let me tell you that when QuickBooks get installed, along with it a small batch file – “reboot.bat” also gets stored within the installation directory.
This QuickBooks makes this file while its usage so that the file can reset all system settings. “Reboot.bat” holds multiple command-line programs that are used to reset the Windows registry settings for each item that QuickBooks uses.
It is just a type of clean-up tool that keeps things in the right place whenever things get messed up. Hence, it is recommended that you must run “reboot.bat” files to fix things and it might help you to get rid of the 80029c4a error of QuickBooks.
Note: Before you execute this ‘reboot.bat’, it is recommended that no other systems are using the QuickBooks application – that is applicable to the networked system as well. Make user that there should be no active instance of QuickBooks is running while you run the “reboot.bat” file. Also, you have to log-in to Windows as an administrator.
Solution 5: Un-install And Re-install QuickBooks Application
If all four solutions fail, then the best way to get rid of QuickBooks error 80029c4a is to uninstall and then reinstall the QuickBooks application. This will refresh the application and give it a clean start.
If you are using the software on a single system then things will go smoother, but if you are using the software on the networked system then you have to take some precautions that you have taken while updating QuickBooks.
In order to download and install QuickBooks, go to the official Intuit QuickBooks Support Download Site, find your version of QuickBooks, and then download and install it.
Solution 6: Run Windows System File Checker
- First of all, click on the Windows Start button and type “command” in the search bar.
- Press CTRL+Shift and then press Enter.
- A permission dialog box will prompt, click on Yes.
- On the Command Prompt, you have to type “SFC/scannow” and press the Enter key.
- Wait until System File Checker completes the scanning for “QuickBooks error code 80029c4a”.
- Once the process is done, follow the on-screen prompts, and error code 80029c4a will be fixed.
Fix QuickBooks Errors With QuickBooks Repair Tool
If you are struggling to fix the QuickBooks errors and issues using the basic manual troubleshooting ways, then I highly recommended using the QuickBooks Repair Tool.
This tool is capable of fixing all QuickBooks related issues. It is the most reliable and efficient solution to repair all the files from your corrupted or damaged QuickBooks without any data loss. This repair tool performs the complete scan on the QBW file and able to recover the entire records.
It helps in restoring the recovered QBW files at the user-defined location. It fixes all QuickBooks errors effectively and makes your file accessible. This tool is extremely safe as it does not harm the original file because the repair process is carried on a copy of the original file.
The entire transactions are recovered by this software in their unique currencies. It provides a streamlined recovery process and has automatic updating efficiency.
It is easy to use and has a user-friendly interface, so you don’t need any prior technical knowledge and can be easily used by non-technical users also.
How to Fix QuickBooks Errors/Issues Using QuickBooks Repair Tool
Here are the steps you need to follow to fix the “This Is Not A QuickBooks Data File Or Is Damaged” error using QuickBooks Repair Tool:
- First, download and install the QuickBooks Repair Tool.
- Open the tool, then click on the Select File button and select the corrupted .QBW file. You can also click on the ‘Find‘ button to search the corrupted .qbw file in a particular drive.
- Now, you will get a list of QuickBooks files from the selected drive. Here, choose the corrupt file and then click on the Scan File button to start the scanning process.
- Once the scanning process is finished, follow the on-screen instructions to see a preview of the data.
- Now, you can preview the company, customers, vendors, and employee information.
- Click on the Company button to preview the company information.
- To preview the customer information, click on the Customers button.
- Click on the Vendor button to preview the information of the Vendor.
- Preview the employee information by clicking on the Employees button.
- Click on the Browse button to specify the path of the new blank file you have created.
- Select the QuickBooks version.
- Click on the ‘Start‘ button to start the saving process.
- Once you save the QuickBooks file successfully, the software will prompt you with this message “Repair Process Completed Successfully“.
While the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a is one of the most frustrating errors to deal with, there is a list of solutions that can work in order to get rid of this issue.
I hope you managed to fix the QuickBooks error 80029c4a on your own with the help of this article, as I have tried my best to give detailed input, to simplify it for advanced and layman users alike.
Apart from this error, if you are getting any other issues, then you must try the QuickBooks Repair Tool. It will surely help you to fix the QuickBooks errors and issues.
Steven Telfer is a senior writer at filerepairtool.net. He is a technology expert having over 4 years of experience and loves to write in different subjects like Video Repair, Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, Word & others. He has a Master’s degree in Computer Application and has solve many technical problems. In free time, he loves to read books and do research work to grow in his field.